Saturday, May 19, 2007

lost love...

Years have sped by,
time has flown,
To forget you-
that is what I had sworn;
To wipe off your memories from my heart,
To live on,
knowing that we are poles apart.
But often on silent,

lonely nights,
When the moon is shining bright;
Your thoughts come stealthily to my mind,
And prod other memories left far behind.
Of times we had,

both good and bad,
Of tears we shared and fun we had !
But what went wrong,
I have no clue;
But as long as it lasted,
I know it was true.
You have touched my life in many ways,

I try explaining,
but just cannot say.
But you have moved on and so must I;
Must accept the truth, though with a sigh.
Time heals all wounds,

but not this one;
The scar remains;
the harm is done.
Memories are to be treasured,
or so they say,
That's why you remain in my heart to this very day....

1 comment:

V.K. Joshi said...

Wonderful expression of a love lorn girl. Keep it up. Try to bring out more pain, then it will appeal more to those who read your writings seriously. All the best